Legislation to modernize the U.S. Postal Service, save Saturday mail and repeal a crippling law responsible for 80 percent of the mail system’s funding woes was introduced in the Senate and House on Wednesday by Sen. Bernie Sanders and Rep. Peter DeFazio.
“While we all understand that the Postal Service is experiencing financial problems today and that changes need to be made as the Postal Service adjusts to a digital world, these issues can be dealt with in a way which strengthens the Postal Service rather than initiating a series of cuts that could eventually lead to a death spiral,” Sanders said.
- 02/12/13 - State of the Union
- 02/12/13 - Don’t Cut Social Security, Veterans’ Benefits
- 02/11/13 - VA's Broken Claims System
- 02/11/13 - Tax Fairness
- 02/08/13 - A Dozen Dodgers
- 02/12/13 - The Richest 1 Percent Have Captured 121 Percent Of Income Gains During The Recovery
- 02/12/13 - Chained CPI: An economic, moral disaster
- 02/11/13 - A Choice For Corporate America: Are You With America Or The Cayman Islands
- 02/07/13 - Climate change is 'threat multiplier'
- 01/28/13 - Pay Still High at Bailed-Out Firms, Report Says