Spring Break 2012


Check out our newly designed studentsabroad.state.gov website for information specific to students interested in traveling abroad.

We wish all students who travel abroad a well-deserved vacation. We also want to help them avoid the many mishaps that can turn a vacation into a nightmare.

Find tips about how to stay safe this Summer/Spring Break, including how to Sign up for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program with our embassies abroad:

All persons - including U.S. citizens - traveling by air from Canada , Mexico , the Caribbean , and Bermuda , must have a passport to enter the United States. This is true even if the foreign country visited does not require a passport for entry. Since it can take several weeks to obtain a passport, students are urged to apply now. Information about how to obtain a U.S. passport, and about traveling abroad, is available on the Department of State's website at http://www.travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis_pa_tw_2223.html  

Although this new requirement applies only to air travel at this time, we encourage all Americans traveling abroad to have a passport.


Worldwide Caution

Travel Warnings

Travel Alerts

Country Information

US Flag