As a Health Care Provider
- TREAT high blood pressure and cholesterol in your patients.
- TREAT appropriate patients with Aspirin.
- ESTABLISH and DISCUSS with patients their specific goals for treatment and the most effective ways that they can help control their risk factors for heart disease and stroke.
- COACH your patients to develop heart-healthy habits, such as regular exercise and a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, and stress reduction techniques. Provide tools to show their progress and access to team members to help them succeed.
- ASK your patients about their smoking status and provide cessation support and medication when appropriate.
- ASK about barriers to medication adherence and help find solutions.
- USE health information technology, such as electronic health records and decision support tools, to improve the delivery of care and control of the ABCS.
By clicking 'Count Me In', you are pledging your support to Million Hearts™. By becoming a pledge, you allow CDC and HHS to use and share information you provide in order to further the Million Hearts™ goal. This information includes: your city, state, zip code, and date and time of your pledge. As federal organizations, CDC and HHS must disclose all information as required by law.
By providing your e-mail address you allow CDC and HHS to send you Million Hearts™ related news and information. There will be an opportunity to unsubscribe should you choose to stop receiving these updates.