Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Most Requested Documents
- What is FOIA?
- FOIA e-Reading Room
- Make a Request/Possible Fees
- Annual Reports
- Drug-testing Laboratory Inspections
Welcome to SAMHSA's Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) homepage. We hope you will find this site informative and that it will help you obtain public information about our programs. Here you will find the documents that are most frequently requested through the SAMHSA FOIA office, as well as simple instructions on how to make a request for agency information.
Before you submit a request, please check SAMHSA's website to see if your information is already available. You can also use our search engine to help you find specific information.
If you still can't find what you need, you may also make a FOIA request to obtain the documents, unless they, or some parts, are protected from disclosure.
In addition to these website resources, you may also visit our FOIA office located at One Choke Cherry Road, Rockville, Maryland 20857.
Page updated: 09/16/2010
- FacebookExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- FlickrExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- RSS FeedsExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- SAMHSA BlogExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- TwitterExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- YoutubeExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- HHS Laws & Regulations
- The No FEAR Act
- e-Gov Content Inventory
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- The President's New Freedom Commission on Mental Health
- Healthy People 2010
- The Children's Health Act of 2000 (Public Law 106-310)
- Confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Patient Records (42 CFR, part 2)