As a State, County, & Local Health Official
- PROMOTE smoke-free air policies, effective tobacco package labeling, restricted tobacco advertising, and higher tobacco prices to help smokers quit and keep nonsmokers tobacco-free.
- SUPPORT education programs, tobacco prevention incentives, wellness programs, and recognition programs, and efforts to reduce sodium and eliminate trans fats in the food supply.
- INCREASE awareness of heart disease and stroke and their risk factors to empower your citizens to take control of their heart health.
- ALIGN health insurance initiatives and programs with Million Hearts™ goals.
- IMPLEMENT incentive programs for members to reduce their heart disease risk through lower premiums, less cost sharing, and incentives for behavior change and self-management.
- BUILD local collaboration and help convene area partners to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of efforts to prevent heart attack and stroke.
By clicking 'Count Me In', you are pledging your support to Million Hearts™. By becoming a pledge, you allow CDC and HHS to use and share information you provide in order to further the Million Hearts™ goal. This information includes: your city, state, zip code, and date and time of your pledge. As federal organizations, CDC and HHS must disclose all information as required by law.
By providing your e-mail address you allow CDC and HHS to send you Million Hearts™ related news and information. There will be an opportunity to unsubscribe should you choose to stop receiving these updates.