What's this background?


The Latest

February 11, 2013

Questions from Designated School Officials: Issuing Forms I-20 While an Update to the Form I-17 is Pending

Question: May I issue the Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Status,” to an F or M student while my school has a pending update to the Form I-17, “Petition for Approval of School for Attendance by Nonimmigrant Students?"

February 7, 2013

Transferring may be an Option for F/M Students

F and M students: did you know that you may be eligible to transfer to a different school or program when you study in the States?

February 7, 2013

Sudanese and South Sudanese: DHS has Announced Re-designations and 18-Month Extensions of TPS

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced a re-designation of temporary protected status (TPS) for Sudan and South Sudan and an extension of all existing TPS designations for both countries due to ongoing conflict in the region.

February 6, 2013

What is the Form I-20?

To study as an F or M student in the United States you need a Form I-20, "Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Status." Do you know what it is and why it is important? After officials notify you of acceptance to a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified school, a designated school official (DSO) at that school will give you one of two different types of this form: