Enroll By Mail

U.S. Citizen

Social Security, Supplemental Security Income, Veterans, Railroad Retirement or Civil Service(OPM) Benefits

If you are a resident of the United States (or a U.S. territory), download, print, and complete the FMS Form 1200 to enroll in direct deposit.

Mail the completed form to:

Go Direct Processing Center
U.S. Department of the Treasury MS/GDW
PO Box 650527
Dallas, TX 75265-0527

Military Salary

Please contact DFAS/Military Customer Service at 1-800-321-1080 or visit the DFAS/Military web site.

Black Lung

Please contact the Department of Labor. A toll-free number has been designated for each of the nine Division of Coal Mine Workers' Compensation district offices. Visit the Department of Labor web site for a list of district offices and their phone numbers.


If you receive Social Security and you live or bank outside the United States, you may still be able to receive your payment by direct deposit. You can have your payment sent to a U.S. bank or credit union regardless of where you live by signing up as described above.

If you receive Social Security and you live or bank in Canada, you may download theForm 1199PE4 and mail the completed form to the address indicated on the form.

If you receive Social Security and you live or bank in any other country (outside the United States, a U.S. territory or Canada) and receive Social Security payments, you can find out whom to contact about direct deposit of your federal benefit payment by visiting the list of foreign country addresses on the Social Security web site.

If you receive VA BENEFITS and you live outside the United States, you must contact the Department of Veterans Affairs by calling 1-877-838-2778 or 1-800-827-1000, Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 4:50 PM Central time.

If you receive RAILROAD RETIREMENT and you live outside the United States, you may sign up for International Direct Deposit(IDD), by completing enrollment form
(OF 1199-I ) and mailing to:

U.S. Railroad Retirement Board
Direct Deposit Specialist
844 North Rush Street
Chicago, IL 60611

Make sure the form is completed accurately and signed. If you form is received and processed before the 15th of the month, you benefit payment will be sent to the new account beginning with the next month's payment.

If you currently have you benefit sent to a stateside financial institution, do NOT close that account until you have verified receipt at the new local bank. Otherwise, you benefit could be returned to the RBB, causing a delay.

With IDD, you money is deposited on the day you are scheduled to receive your benefit. For example, if your benefit is scheduled to be received on the third of the month, your money is available to you at the openning of the business day on the third. You can check with your bank to be sure that your money has been deposited.

If your IDD benefit is not in your account within the first three business days of the month, please call the Railroad Retirement Board at (877) 772-5772 to speak with representative or, you may contact your servicing U.S. Embassy to report non-receipt. The U.S. Embassy will notify the RRB.

The Railroad Retirement Board offers International Direct Deposit(IDD) of benefit payment to beneficiaries in the following countries:

Anguilla Antigua Australia
AustriaBarbudaBahama Islands
BarbadosBelgiumBritish Virgin Islands
CanadaCayman IslandsCyprus
DenmarkDininican RepublicFinland
GrenadaHaitiHong Kong
Netherlands AntillesNew ZealandNorway
St. Kitts & NevisSt. LuciaSt. Vincent & the Grenadines
South AfricaSpainSweden
SwitzerlandTrinidad & TobagoUnited Kingdom

As more countries meet the requirements of the Federal Reserve Bank and become eligible, the list of eligible countries will be updated.

IDD is Safe and Secure

IDD is much more secure than receiving benefit by check. Mailed checks can be subject to loss, misrouting or even theft. Funds transferred through IDD are sent encrypted and arrive safely at your bank.

IDD and Currency

IDD puts your money directly into your local bank in local currency. If you reside in Canada and have a U.S. dollar account, you may elect to receive your payment electronically in U.S. dollars.

Note: This option is only available in Canada.