United States Election Assistance Comittee

Register to Vote!

Use the National Mail Voter Registration Form to register to vote, update your registration information with a new name or address, or register with a political party.

Note: If you wish to vote absentee and are a uniformed service member or family member or a citizen living outside the U.S., contact the Federal Voting Assistance Program to register to vote.

EAC Newsletters
and Updates

Sign up to receive information about EAC activities including public meetings, webcasts, reports and grants.

Give Us Your Feedback

Share your feedback on EAC policy proposalsElection Resource Library materials, and OpenEAC activities. Give feedback on general issues, including the Web site, through our Contact Us page.

Military and Overseas Voters

EAC has several projects under way to assist states in serving military and overseas citizens who register and vote absentee under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act. Learn more

Become a Poll Worker

Poll workers are essential to ensuring that elections are a success, and HAVA instructs EAC to assist election officials in recruiting, training and retaining poll workers by conducting research and administering the Help America Vote College Program.

Get started and find out if you are eligible. Go to Poll Worker Requirements by State (August 2007).

  1. Find out if you must be a registered voter in the state.

  2. Find out if there is an age requirement.

  3. Find out if there is a residency requirement.

  4. Find out if a political party affiliation is required.

Then contact your local election office and sign up to be a pollworker. They will be happy to add you to the Election Day Team!