The NIH Manuscript Submission system allows you to submit an electronic version
of your peer-reviewed final manuscript for inclusion in PubMed Central.
News & Updates
NIHMS (NIH Manuscript Submission) system is currently accepting submissions from:
- eRA Commons (for NIH Extramural principal investigators, grantees or applicants)
- NIH Login (for Intramural NIH scientists and staff)
- HHMI Login (for HHMI-funded investigators)
- My NCBI (for third party submitters)
- Publishers that have registered for an NIHMS Publisher Login account
- What is the NIH Public Access Policy? The NIH maintains a web page with information relating to the Public Access Policy.
- Do you have questions about the submission process? Refer to the NIHMS FAQ. Illustrated submission tutorials are also available.
- Publishers may find information on how to submit on behalf of authors as well as other concerns in the Publisher FAQ.
- The NIHMS also maintains a help desk to assist users with manuscript submissions, and answer any questions related to the submission process. Contact the help desk with your queries.
- Email questions and comments regarding the NIH Public Access Policy to PublicAccess@nih.gov.