Keep Your Heart Healthy – Free Publications, Risk Calculator, Prevention Tips and More
February is American Heart Month. This annual observance reminds us that heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, but that there are steps we can take to reduce our risk.
Use these resources to help you and your loved ones live healthier lives:
- Women’s Heart Health – Order Free Publications – Learn the signs of a heart attack in women; understand “good” and “bad” cholesterol; and identify high blood pressure.
- Calculate Your Risk – Enter basic information about yourself, including your most recent cholesterol levels, to determine your 10-year risk of having a heart attack.
- Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack – Know the indications of a heart attack so that you can act quickly if you or a loved one is in trouble.
- Tips for Preventing Heart Disease – Learn the “ABCs” of staying heart healthy: aspirin therapy, blood pressure control, cholesterol management and smoking cessation.
We welcome your comments if you are 13 or older, and hope that our conversations here will be polite. You are responsible for the content of your comments.
We do not discriminate against any views, but may delete any of the following:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist comments
- comments that threaten or harm the reputation of any person or organization
- advertisements or solicitations of any kind
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
- personal information including, but not limited to, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses, or identification numbers
In short: be nice and add to the discussion. If you continually violate this policy, we may limit your ability to comment in the future. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us.