Where to Apply

Leaving In Less Than Two Weeks?

If you have international travel in less than 2 weeks or need to obtain a foreign visa within 4 weeks, you are eligible to schedule an appointment at a one of our regional passport agencies in the United States. You may be required to provide proof of your travel at certain regional passport agencies. See the individual agency pages for additional information.

Will call service is offered for life/death emergencies and immediate travel. The agency will determine how best to return the passport in order to meet the customer's documented travel plans.

Have a Little More Time?

You can submit your application locally at a Passport Application Acceptance Facility using routine service or expedite service.

In addition, the following regional passport agencies do not require any travel plans to apply (an appointment and the Expedite Fee are still required to apply):
Arkansas Passport Agency
Buffalo Passport Agency
Colorado Passport Agency
Detroit Passport Agency
El Paso Passport Agency
Honolulu Passport Agency
Minneapolis Passport Agency
San Diego Passport Agency
Seattle Passport Agency
Vermont Passport Agency

Applying Outside of the United States

Contact the U.S. embassy or consulate nearest you for details about submitting an application for a U.S. passport overseas.