SUBMIT FORM DS-82 IF ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE TRUE:
Your Most Recent U.S. Passport:
|If you answered no to any of the above statements you are not eligible to use Form DS-82! You must follow the instructions on How to Apply for the First Time (In Person).|
Read and understand Steps 1-3 before leaving this page.
STEP 1: Complete and Print Form
Enter your information online and print Form DS-82. Print the completed form using black ink on one-sided pages.
Print a blank Form DS-82 and complete by hand. Print the form on one-sided pages and complete with black ink.
STEP 2: Sign and Date
You must sign and date Form DS-82 on page 1 of the application.
STEP 3: Submit Completed Form + Additional Documents
Mail Form DS-82 in a padded envelope to the address listed on the form, along with:
- Your most recent U.S. Passport (book or card)
- One Passport Photo that is stapled to the application within the space provided using four vertical staples, one in each corner
- Current Passport Fees
- A marriage certificate or court order (only if your current name is different from what was recorded in your most recent U.S. passport)
- We strongly encourage you to mail your passport application and any personal documents using a traceable delivery method.
- In order to protect the contents of your mailing from the elements throughout the delivery process, it is strongly recommended that you mail your passport application and personal documents in an envelope large enough to fit the application without folding. Please do not use a standard letter-size #10 (4 1/8" x 9 1/2") envelope.
- For more information, please see Helpful Hints for Submitting Form DS-82.
If You Wish to Expedite Your Passport Application:
- Include a check or money order for $60.00 made payable to the U.S. Department of State. Do not send cash in the mail (See Passport Fees)
- Clearly mark ‘EXPEDITE’ on the outside of the padded envelope
- We recommend using an overnight delivery service for delivery to and from the Passport Agency
NEED A U.S. PASSPORT IMMEDIATELY?
You should make an appointment to be seen at a Regional Passport Agency only if:
Contact the National Passport Information Center to make an appointment or locate a Passport Agency.
|If you are overseas and need to apply for or renew your U.S. passport, please follow the instructions under the U.S. passport section in Tips for Americans Traveling Abroad.|