Learn About Diseases and Conditions
All the basics, plus statistics, links to professional and voluntary organizations, Spanish translations, and more.
- Diabetes —self-testing, treatments, complications, and other information from the National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse (NDIC)
- Digestive Diseases —hepatitis, heartburn, ulcers, gas, constipation, and other information from the National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NDDIC)
- Kidney and Urologic Diseases —kidney failure, dialysis, kidney stones, urinary tract infections, bladder and prostate problems, impotence, and other information from the National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NKUDIC)
- Weight Control —dieting, eating disorders, exercise, surgery, and more
- Endocrine and Metabolic Diseases —hormone disorders and more
- Hematologic Diseases —blood disorders
- Nutrition —diabetes nutrition, renal nutrition, general nutrition, and more
Hard copies of online information available in bulk for patient care settings.
Online information may be more recently updated than printed materials.
- Health Science Curriculum Supplements for K-12 Science Teachers—The NIH Office of Science Education offers curriculum supplements designed to teach the science behind selected health topics. The supplements contain teacher's guides for two weeks of lessons that combine cutting-edge biomedical discoveries with state-of-the-art instructional practices. Curriculum supplements are consistent with National Science Education Standards and are aligned to state education standards.
- Health is Life in Balance— This curriculum, a product of the Diabetes Education in Tribal Schools (DETS) program, integrates science and Native American traditions to educate students about science, diabetes and its risk factors, and the importance of nutrition and physical activity in maintaining health and balance in life.
Find Other Resources
Page last updated: September 28, 2012