New Media Tools
- To help ensure you select the right tools, read the basics of Social Media 101 (PDF - 290KB), and take a copy of these Social Media Considerations: Questions to ask before jumping in (PDF – 106KB) to your planning meeting.
- When you are ready to begin planning your strategy, review What’s In a Plan (PDF – 69KB) and the HHS Standards and Policies Checklist (PDF – 89KB).
- Be prepared for the tough issues and learn When and How to Engage over New Media Platforms (PDF - 60KB).
- Watch the video below and learn more about using social media in government.
View the list of tools/providers that offer federal-compatible terms of service.
Online communities that connect with stakeholders, colleagues, family, and friends who share common interests.
Photo and Video Networks
Online services that allow individuals and organizations to upload photos or video clips and easily share them.
Websites with entries in chronological order that typically combine, text, multimedia, and links to other webpages to tell a story and encourage dialogue.
Audio or video files released in a series to those that choose to subcribe to the podcast. Podcast is a blend of the terms “iPod” and “broadcast.”
Information related to the following applications and tools can be found at http://www.hhs.gov/web/tools/index.html.
WCD makes enterprise-wide tools available for Department-wide use.
- HHS 508 Lab
- Google Maps API Premier
- Enterprise Portal
- Use of Persistent Cookies for Website Performance Measurement
- Accenture Digital Diagnostics Compliance Monitor
- Web Content Management System (WCMS) <•>Google Search Appliance (GSA)
- New Media Tools
- Web Site Development, Web Crawler, 508 and Graphics Support BPA
- 508 Web Support Services
Agencies and programs can contact a WCD consultant regarding experiences with specific Web management tools.
- Email Subscription Management
- Web Metrics
- OMB-Approved Fast Track Online Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Search Engine
- FAQ Database