To ensure that individuals are on notice about how their personal information is handled when they visit federal Web sites, the U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has instructed federal agencies to post privacy policies on their Internet Web sites and has provided the agencies with guidance for doing so. Consistent with that memorandum, we provide the following information about the FDIC OIG web site.
The FDIC OIG automatically collects and stores information whenever you visit our site. We do this in the interest of gathering web site visitation statistics. We do not obtain any information that identifies you personally unless you choose to send the information to the FDIC OIG's "Hotline".
What we collect:
Protection and Uses of Information You Provide:
- The date and time you accessed our web site.
- The resource (page, image, etc.) on our server accessed as a result of the request.
- The name and version of your Web browser (e.g. Netscape 4.0).
- Other status codes and values resulting from the Web server responding to the request received: HTTP status code, Windows NT code, number of bytes sent, number of bytes received, duration (in seconds) to fulfill the request, server port number addressed, and protocol version.
- The referring Uniform Resource Locator (URL) that was accessed before the user made a request for FDIC OIG's Web server
For data security purposes, we employ software programs that analyze and monitor network traffic and identify and prevent unauthorized attempts to access or cause harm to any information you provide and the system we use to store and maintain that information.
Contacting the "Hotline" by e-mail.
The FDIC OIG maintains this web site as a public service. Unless specified, the information presented on this site is considered public information and may be distributed. The information provided using this web site is only intended to be general summary information to the public. It is not intended to take the place of either the written law or regulations.
Links to other sites
Our web site provides hypertext links to other sites created and maintained by other public organizations. We create these links in order to provide convenient access to information. In establishing these links, the OIG does not endorse any of the views expressed or products offered by these organizations.