HHS Acquisition Worktools
Topics on this page:
HHS provides a number of worktools to assist staff in planning, developing, and implementing procurements with the highest of quality. Tools include “Desk” References, Checklists, Templates, and Acquisition Guides.
Our guides are useful in planning and using acquisition materials.
- Interagency Contract Directory (ICD) was created to help agencies take better advantage of interagency contracts by supporting market research and the identification of suitable contracts that can facilitate the efficient and effective placement of orders, including with small and disadvantaged businesses. See instructions for using the directory ( PDF).
- HHS Contract Closeout Guide
The HHS Contract Closeout Guide provides standard procedures for closing HHS contracts and orders.
- HHS Affirmative Procurement Plan (Green Purchasing) October 2010 (DOC - 507KB)
- HHS Purchase Card Guide Version 6 – July 2010 (PDF - 98 pages)
- Summary of changes to the revised HHS Purchase Card Guide
- Purchase Card Quick Reference (DOC - 66 KB)
Our templates help HHS acquisition professionals develop consistent documentation across the lifecycle of the procurement process.
- APM 2009-05, Attachment A: “HHS Instructions for Preparation of an Acquisition Strategy,” (Template) 07-29-2009 (DOC - 15 pages)
- HHS Acquisition Plan (AP) October 2010 (DOC - 30 pages)
- HHS Annual Acquisition Plan Template and Instructions (PDF - 65.32 KB)
- HHS Acquisition Plan Waiver Request Template and Instructions (PDF - 93.63 KB)
- APM 2009-01 Market Research Notices
- APM 2008-03 Noncompetitive Acquisitions
- Justification for Other than Full and Open Competition HHS Template and Instructions (DOC - 121KB)
- General Services Administration Federal Supply Schedule Limited Source Justification HHS Template and Instructions (DOC - 110KB)
- Competition Advocate Report Template and Instructions, Fiscal Year 2008 and Beyond (DOC - 132KB)
To guide contracting personnel throughout the procurement lifecycle, we have developed checklists to help in planning and ensuring compliance with all laws and policies.
- Architect-Engineer Acquisition Checklists
- GSA Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) Checklists
- Negotiated Acquisition Checklists
- Sealed Bid Acquisition Checklists
- Task Order Checklists
- Contract Funding Desk Reference
This reference tool is intended to assist HHS staff members — program, budget/finance, contracting, and legal — in developing and interpreting contractual requirements, whether during initial formation and funding or when preparing and funding certain contract modifications. It helps HHS comply with federal appropriations law and pertinent Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and HHS Acquisition Regulation (HHSAR) requirements by providing access to source documents and other resources.