- Using Geographic Information Systems Technology in the Collection, Analysis, and Presentation of Cancer Registry Data: A Handbook of Basic Practices [PDF - 2.12 MB] - state-of-the-art information compiled by NAACCR to assist all cancer registries in their decisions about GIS tools, practices, and current issues.
- A Geocoding Best Practices Guide [PDF - 10.1 MB] - state-of-the-art information compiled by NAACCR to assist all cancer registries in their decisions about geocoding tools, practices, and current issues.
- NCI sponsored a meeting of spatial statisticians in 2002 to develop a series of articles describing the current best practices in the statistical analysis of spatial data. Several articles have been published:
- Bell BS, Hoskins RE, Pickle LW, Wartenberg D. Current practices in spatial analysis of cancer data: mapping health statistics to inform policymakers and the public. Int J Health Geogr. 2006 Nov 8;5:49. Review.
- Boscoe FP, Ward MH, Reynolds P. Current practices in spatial analysis of cancer data: data characteristics and data sources for geographic studies of cancer. Int J Health Geogr. 2004 Dec 1;3(1):28.
- Jacquez GM. Current practices in the spatial analysis of cancer: flies in the ointment. Int J Health Geogr. 2004 Oct 12;3(1):22.
- Pickle LW, Waller LA, Lawson AB. Current practices in cancer spatial data analysis: a call for guidance. Int J Health Geogr. 2005 Jan 13;4(1):3.