SUBCOMMITTEE ON POPULATION HEALTH
To contact the subcommittee, you should write, call, or e-mail the
Bruce B. Cohen, Ph.D., Co-Chair
Sallie Milam, J.D., CIPP/G, Co-Chair
John J. Burke, M.B.A., MSPharm
Llewellyn Cornelius, Ph.D.
Leslie P. Francis, J.D., Ph.D.
Vickie M. Mays, Ph.D., M.S.P.H
Len M. Nichols, Ph.D.
Walter G. Suarez, M.D., M.P.H.
Kassie M. Webster, M.P.H., NCHS*
Douglas Boenning, M.D., ASPE
Nancy Breen, Ph.D., NCI, NIH
Virginia Cain, Ph.D.
Leslie Cooper, Ph.D., NCI, NIH
Tammara Jean Paul, Ph.D, NCHS
Cille Kennedy, Ph.D., ASPE
Jacqueleine Lucas, NCHS
Susan Queen, Ph.D., ASPE
- June 21, 2007 - Letter to the Secretary - Recommendation letter on Data Linkages to Improve Health
- November 7, 2005 Report to the Secretary - Eliminating Health Disparities: Strengthening Data on Race, Ethnicity, and Primary Language in the U.S.
- August 23, 2004 Letter to the Secretary - Recommendations on Populations Based Data Collection
- February 20, 2004 Letter to the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH regarding the establishment of the National Children's Study
- September 26, 2003 Letter to the Secretary on Recommendations for Targeted Data Collection
- September 26, 2003 Letter to the Secretary on Collection of Racial and Ethnic Data by Health Plans
- March 27, 2003 Letter to the Secretary on Populations-based data for racial and ethnic minorities
- February 28, 2003 Letter to the Secretary - NCVHS Supports NCHS Programs
- October 19, 2001 Letter to CMS on racial and ethnic data collection
- July 17, 2001 Report to the Secretary on Classifying and Reporting Functional Status
- July 6, 2001 Recommendations to HCFA on SCHIP data collection
- March 14, 2001 Letter to Katherine Wallman, Chief Statistician, Office of Management and Budget regarding Provisional Guidance on the Implementation of the 1997 Standards for Federal Data on Race and Ethnicity (December 15, 2000)
- October 3, 2000 Letter to the Secretary on the Status of the International Classification of Impairments, Disabilities, and Handicaps (ICIDH)
- December, 1999 Medicaid Managed Care Data Collection and Reporting NCVHS Subcommittee on Populations prepared with the assitance of The George Washington University Medical Center School of Public Health and Health Services Center for Health Services Research and Policy
- December, 1999 Health Data Needs of the Pacific Insular Areas, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, NCVHS Subcommittee on Populations
- December 7, 1998, Letter to the Surgeon Generalon "Healthy People 2010 Objectives"
- September 23, 1998, Letter to the Secretary with Recommendations on the Use of the SLAITS Survey
- July 3, 1997, Letter to the HHS Data Council on the Outcome Assessment Information Set (OASIS) Data Collection Tool.
Recent and Upcoming Meetings
- May 13, 2005 - Working Session
- September 18 - 19, 2006
- February 14, 2007
- May 19 - 20, 2008
- November 19, 2008
- February 27, 2009
- February 9, 2010
- June 16, 2010 - Breakout Session
- September 15, 2010 - Breakout Session
- February 8, 2011 - Subcommittee on Population Health and Subcommittee on Privacy, Confidentiality and Security Joint Breakout Session
- May 12, 2011 - Community Health Information Project Workshop (Joint Session of the Privacy, Confidentiality & Security and Population Health Subcommittees)
- March 8 - 9, 2012
- November 15, 2012
- April 30 - May 2, 2013 - Joint meeting of the Population Health and Privacy, Confidentiality & Security Subcommittees
Return to Top
Last updated 02/08/13