General Use in Public Health Applications
These links show some general examples of applications of GIS technology to the field of public health.
- The Cancer e-Atlas - interactive web-based resource providing access to cancer statistics across England.
- AIDS Data Animation Project - animations for Weekly AIDS Mortality in the United States, January 1981 - December 1992.
- An Atlas of Cyberspace - mapping the internet using geographic metaphors.
- GIS and the Health and Environment Linkages Initiative - how the World Health Organization is using spatial tools to assist in health and environment decision-making.
- Local GIS projects in Montgomery County, MD.
- Syndromic Surveillance for Bioterrorism Following the Attacks on the World Trade Center - New York City, 2001 - how spatial analysis was used to search for evidence of possible bioterrorism following the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- Hi-Tech Crime Predictor - CBS News article about GIS technology as applied to criminology.
- GIS in Public Health Research - a collection of information at the Harvard School of Public Health.