A Titles List shows results from all
searches except for Subject, Author, and Keyword; or
when the search results in a single catalog record.
A Titles List also displays as a result of selecting
and displaying a heading with one or more titles from the Headings
Each row of the display includes a brief description for a single title
in the Handbook of Latin American Studies Online Catalog (HLAS Web). While
most searches display "author," "titles" and "date" of
the work, the information in a Titles List may vary depending on the
search method used.
The upper section of the Titles List consists of a table
containing five columns of data for each title, and a block with
location information for the Library of Congress and the call number.
In addition, there are buttons allowing you to retain selections
from the screen of hits, as you move to subsequent pages in the
Parts of this display:
- Previous and Next icons display search results
before and after the current screen full.
- Resort results by: allows for reordering of the results
set by Date (ascending or descending), Title (ascending) and
- Add Limits to Search Results is for applying limits
(by date, format, language, etc.) to the current results set.
See: Limits Help Screen for more information.
- # is a temporary sequential number for the catalog record;
checkbox is used to select records for printing, saving, or emailing.
- 2nd Column displays the term or text that matched
the search (in this case -- Title). This column
veries depending on the search.
- Author displays the name
of the main author of the work.
- Full Title displays the full title of the work.
- Date displays the date of publication.
- Clear Marked Records and Retain Marked Records (not
Contains tools for outputting records to disk, to
a printer, or by e-mail. You also have the ability to edit your search terms, select a new type of search, and execute a
Parts of this display:
- Save, Print, and Email:
Below the Titles List upper section display, a table displays with
options for output. For more information consult the help screen for Print,
Save, and Email.
- Revise Search box - edit/revise search terms for a new
- Select Type box - select an index for a new search
- Search button - execute a new or revised search.
Use the browser's [Back]
button to resume searching.
>>Top of Page