IRS Logo

Contact Your Local IRS Office

Click before you call … for further information about these topics:

  I need to file my tax I need to pay my tax I need to get a tax form Do I need an ITIN?

Taxpayer Assistance Centers

IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers (TAC) are your source for personal tax help when you believe your tax issue cannot be handled online or by phone, and you want face-to-face tax assistance. Taxpayer Assistance Centers are closed for all Federal Holidays. Please be advised that you may be asked to provide valid photo identification and a Taxpayer Identification Number, such as a Social Security Number, to receive services.

Effective January 31, 2013 Participating TAC locations will begin verifying passports and national ID cards for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) Applications, Form W-7, in person. For more detailed service information, see the Services Provided link under each TAC location below.

NOTE: Return preparation has begun in select TACs. Taxpayers using Form 8863, Education Credits, can take advantage of this service in mid-February after the IRS updates its processing systems. Taxpayers using Form 5695, Residential Energy Credit, will be able to use this service in late February or March.

Locate a Taxpayer Assistance Center

To view a list of all Taxpayer Assistance Centers in your state, click on the map or state links below.

  • To search for the Taxpayer Assistance Center closest to you, enter your 5-digit ZIP Code into the Office Locator

Office Locator

NOTE: The maximum search distance available in the Office Locator is 100 miles. If a Taxpayer Assistance Center is not within 100 miles of the ZIP Code you entered, use the map or state links below to locate the office closest to you.

Click on your state or the international link below.

Washington Oregon California Montana Idaho Nevada Utah Arizona Colorado Wyoming New Mexico Texas Hawaii Alaska Oklahoma Kansas Nebraska South Dakota North Dakota Minnesota Iowa Wisconsin Illinois Missouri Arkansas Louisiana Michigan Indiana Ohio Kentucky Tennessee Mississippi Alabama Florida Georgia South Carolina North Carolina Virginia West Virginia Pennsylvania Maryland Washington, D.C. Delaware New Jersey New York Connecticut Rhode Island Massachusetts Maine Vermont New Hampshire

International Filing


List of States (including Washington, DC and Puerto Rico)

Alabama Illinois Montana Puerto Rico
Alaska Indiana Nebraska Rhode Island
Arizona Iowa Nevada South Carolina
Arkansas Kansas New Hampshire South Dakota
California Kentucky New Jersey Tennessee
Colorado Louisiana New Mexico Texas
Connecticut Maine New York Utah
Delaware Maryland North Carolina Vermont
District of Columbia Massachusetts North Dakota Virginia
Florida Michigan Ohio Washington
Georgia Minnesota Oklahoma West Virginia
Hawaii Mississippi Oregon Wisconsin
Idaho Missouri Pennsylvania Wyoming

For information on where to file your tax return please see Where to File Addresses

Stakeholder Liaison (SL) Phone Numbers
Your local Stakeholder Liaison Office establishes relationships with organizations representing small business and self employed taxpayers. They provide information about the policies, practices and procedures the IRS uses to ensure compliance with the tax laws. To establish a relationship with us, use this list to find a contact in your state.

Questions concerning charities and other non-profit organizations should contact our Tax Exempt and Government Entities Customer Account Services.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 01-Şub-2013