1. How do I obtain access to the system?
A: Access is granted by a network of government Focal Points. If you require assistance with identifying your Focal Point, please contact the helpdesk.
2. I received a system email with a User ID, but how do I obtain a password or have my password reset when I’m locked out of my account?
A: Please use the Forgot Password button at the login screen to reset your password.
3. I can't figure out some of the special characters or symbols in the temporary password?
A: Please copy and paste the temporary password into the password field. To do this, use your mouse to highlight the temporary password. Right click on the highlighted password and choose copy. Go to the login screen and place the cursor in the password field then perform a right click and choose the paste option.
4. Our activity uses Macintosh computers. Can the FAPIIS AIS be used on a Macintosh system?
A: Yes. The FAPIIS AIS is web-based so most actions are completed directly from your browser. All data inputs may be completed on a Macintosh system. However, the Adobe Acrobat Reader for Macintosh must be installed to print/view attachments in PDF.
5. I am unable to view attachments. What’s wrong?
A: The Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed to view the PDF. The reader can be downloaded from http://www.adobe.com/. If you have any problems downloading or installing the plugin, please contact our Technical Support.
6. I’m attempting to login, but am receiving an error message stating that the User ID I entered does not match the PKI certification information.
A: If you have received a new CAC or PKI certificate since your last login, you will need to contact the helpdesk to remove your certificate from the system.
7. When I go to the website I am getting an error message that indicates "There is a problem with this website's security certificate."
A: Please click on the option to “Continue to this website (not recommended).” The error is due to a security setting in Internet Explorer 7.
8. What should I enter for the Contract Award ID Number? What should I enter for the Contract Referenced Award ID Number?
A: For Contract Award ID Number, enter the contract number for the record being entered. If reporting a delivery/task order, enter the delivery/task order number. When reporting orders under Indefinite Delivery Vehicles (IDV) such as a GWAC, IDC, FSS, BOA, or BPA, enter the contract number or agreement number of the IDV for the Contract Referenced Award ID Number.
9. How long are records retained in FAPIIS?
A: Records are retained in FAPIIS for 5 years following the Action Date.
10. I entered a record and noticed that much of the information was automatically filled out for me. How does this work?
A: If your contract action is available in the Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation (FPDS-NG), FAPIIS will populate the contract information from FPDS-NG for you. If not, and the DUNS number you enter is available in Central Contractor Registration (CCR), FAPIIS will populate the awardee information from CCR for you. If not, you may enter the information manually.
11. Where do I go if I have other questions on the FAPIIS Automated Information System?
A: Contact our Help Desk:
12. What is an Administrative Agreement?
A: An Administrative agreement is a negotiated instrument entered into between
the Suspending and Debarring Official and an entity or individual to resolve
initiated or potential suspension and debarment action. The Agreement
creates and documents enforceable terms and conditions undertaken, or agreed
to be undertaken, by the entity or individual which implement or ensure
appropriate practices and procedures for business honesty, integrity and/or
performance. Agreements run for a fixed period of time, typically 3 - 5
years. Absent an express provision to the contrary the effect of an
Agreement is to immediately reinstate (or continue) award eligibility.
13. I am a contractor responding to a solicitation with the provision at 52.209-7 Information Regarding Responsibility Matters and/or a contract with the clause 52.209-8 Updates of Information Regarding Responsibility Matters. How do I enter/update my information in FAPIIS as required by the provision and clause?
A: This information shall be entered in FAPIIS via your Central Contractor Registration (CCR) record. The website for CCR is http://www.ccr.gov. Questions regarding entry of this information in CCR should be directed to the CCR Help Desk (select Help at the CCR website).