The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration

SAMHSA Stakeholder Feedback

I suggest SAMHSA...

Start screening shrinks for mental illness, addiction, predispostion for suicide etc

Studies show that psychiatrist have high rates of suicide and are at risk of drug and alcohol problems. They have high stress and divorce rates. Isn't it time that we stop pretending that they are immune to the normal problems that all people experience? We need to mandate screening for ALL mental health care workers for their safety as well as for the safety of the public at large. Considering that psychiatrist, doctors etc are "human" and they are protected by their respective industry insurance; even when they rape, mentally abuse, kill by overdose, misdiagnoses, etc...and the public is not privy to their crimes and they are allowed to continue practising and harming others, isn't it time that we the people and our government started to protect us from the members of this industry that are mentally ill?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service

You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to create a password (optional).

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jedi MJedi M shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service

You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to create a password (optional).

Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base