Questionnaire Design & Testing:
Questionnaire Design Principles
We use state-of-the-art design principles to ensure that our questionnaires function as intended.
These principles state that questionnaire items must:
- be related explicitly to particular analysis objectives;
- be understood by the survey respondents;
- ask for factual information or attitudes that respondents can recall from memory or retrieve from records;
- avoid response bias or other negative influences on respondents' decision processes;
- be formatted in a way that makes them useful to interviewer as well as respondents; and
- be formatted in a way that minimizes entry errors.