Our goal is to provide information and resources to professionals, the general public, States, territories, and local entities for emergency preparedness and disaster response.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
- Disaster Technical Assistance Center (DTAC) - provide resources to prepare States, territories, and local entities to deliver an effective mental health and substance abuse response during disasters.
- Mental Health Awareness in Times of Emotional Distress - practical advice and resources on how to deal with the effects disasters can have on your physical and mental health.
- National Center for Trauma Informed Care - a technical assistance center dedicated to building awareness of trauma-informed care and promoting the implementation of trauma-informed practices in programs and services
- BP Gulf Oil Response – HHS Response - general information about HHS’s response to the BP oil spill including news, testimony and fact sheets. Also provides specific information for Coastal Residents, Response Workers, Health professional, and State and local resources.
- Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) - provides information on disaster mitigation, preparedness, response, recovery, education, and references.
- DisasterAssistance.gov - provides information on how you might be able to get help from the U.S. Government before, during and after a disaster.
- CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response - information on specific hazards and preparedness on all hazards.
Last updated: 02/11/2011
Tips for Dealing With the Gulf Oil Spill: tips for professionals, the general public and emergency response workers in dealing with the Gulf Oil Spill available in English, Cambodian, Haitian/Creole, Lao, Spanish, and Vietnamese.