| A Headings List
displays results from a Subject or Author/Creator Browse.
Each row of the Headings List display lists a heading with
the number of title hits matching that heading. Selecting the heading
will display a Titles List for all titles matching that heading.
Headings List has 4 columns:
Parts of this display:
- # includes a sequential number and the
icon, when available (select to view other related headings
or scope notes from name and subject authority records)
- Hits indicates the number of catalog records with the
- Headings (Select to View Titles) displays the heading
itself (select to see a Titles List
for that heading)
- Type of Heading Type indicates the thesaurus
or list used for subjects; or the type of author/creator (personal,
corporate, etc.) for names.
A "0" (zero) in the Hits column means that no catalog records
use the heading; instead users should select
to learn the heading actually used for the relevant catalog records.
- More detailed information on Cross
References and Scope Notes is available.
- The designation [from old catalog] appears at the
end of some headings. Taken from a previous database, these
catalog records are being edited to comply with current
cataloging standards and to reflect contemporary language
- If there are more headings than will display on the screen,
the next group of headings can be displayed by selecting
icon. Return to the previous group of headings by selecting
- After displaying a single title or Titles List
for a heading, return
to the Headings List by selecting the
icon from the button bar displayed at the top of the screen.
Use the browser's [Back] button to resume searching.
>>Top of Page