Revised December 2012
- DrugFacts: Spice
- Sara Bellum Blog: Spice: “If You Use It, You’re Experimenting on Yourself” (4/19/12)
- Sara Bellum Blog: “Spice” – Not as Fun as it Sounds (2/4/11)
- DrugFacts: Synthetic Cathinones (“Bath Salts”)
- Science Spotlight: New research stresses potential health dangers of "bath salts"
- Messages from the Director: "Bath Salts" - Emerging and Dangerous Products
- What's New at NIDA: New findings on the active chemicals found in “bath salts” add justification to the growing health concern
- What's New at NIDA: Research sheds light on effects of mephedrone (“bath salts”)
- Sara Bellum Blog: Keep “Bath Salts” in the Tub (9/16/11)
- Commonly Abused Drugs Chart
- Monitoring the Future Survey, Overview of Findings 2012
- Monitoring the Future Survey, Overview of Findings 2011
- Office of National Drug Control Policy: Synthetic Drugs
Get more information on K2/Spice, Salvia and Bath Salts. NIDA will update this page with the latest research findings on these and other emerging drugs as they develop.
Looking for Treatment?
Use the SAMHSA Treatment Locator or 1-800-662-HELP.
As a result of scientific research, we know that addiction is a disease that affects both brain and behavior.