Exchange Innovators in Information Technology
The Exchange Innovators MAC Collaborative consists of states that have declared their intent and are making progress toward the establishment of a state-based exchange. These Exchange Innovator states are leading the charge in establishing insurance exchange infrastructure. They are expected to rapidly establish insurance exchanges on an accelerated timeframe while sharing what they have learned and creating technology that can be used by other states.
This learning collaborative provides a forum for Exchange Innovator states to collaboratively work on common operational, business, and technical issues they are facing in the development and implementation of state-based exchanges, including:
- Identifying opportunities for leveraging reusable infrastructure across states;
- Developing operational and technical solutions in state-based exchange establishment; and
- Discussing Federal Data Services Hub architecture.
It also serves as an opportunity to disseminate findings to states not participating in the collaborative; additional states may be invited to participate in meetings or calls depending on the topic.
The Exchange Innovators MAC Collaborative began in December 2011.
- New York
- Rhode Island
Facilitators and Subject Matter Experts
- Patricia Boozang, Managing Director, Manatt Health Solutions
- Joseph D. Ray, Managing Director, Manatt Health Solutions
Lead Subject Matter Experts
- Jenny Chen, State Exchange Group, Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Amanda Cowley, Acting Director State Exchange Group, Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Hilary Dalin, Director of State Technical Assistance Division, State Exchange Group, CMS Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight