Submitting a Multi-project Application
By Jan 2014 NIH’s multi-project applications will transition to electronic submission through a new on-line application system called ASSIST. Between now and Sept 2013 NIH will be piloting the system with a handful of funding opportunity announcements.
Learn more about the transition timeline and the ASSIST system.
Electronic Application Process
Make Sure To…
- Use ASSIST only if required by the FOA.
- Register early! Organizational registration in DUNS, SAM, Grants.gov and eRA Commons is required, can take 6 weeks or more and MUST be completed before the application due date. Learn more about registration requirements.
- SAM requires annual renewal to maintain an active registration.
- PIs must be registered and affiliated with the applicant organization in eRA Commons.
- ASSIST users must be eRA Commons registered.
- Carefully follow the requirements found in the application guide and funding opportunity announcement. Instructions in the FOA supersede those found in the application guide.
- Submit early. Reduce stress by submitting well ahead of the due date.