Expanding Coverage Under the Affordable Care Act
The Expanding Coverage MAC Collaborative is helping states to translate the Medicaid eligibility and enrollment standards and processes required by the Affordable Care Act into program design options and create implementation tools. Specific topics may include:
- Consumer communications and model notices;
- Required and optional data elements for states' alternative applications;
- Verification plans;
- Alternative benefit plan design options and considerations; and / or
- Impacts of the Medicaid coverage expansion on pre-existing state coverage initiatives (such as 1115 waiver populations, the breast and cervical cancer programs, and family planning waivers).
Potential work products of the learning collaborative, designed to support state implementation, may include model MOUs, draft standards, and policies, and model process or work flows.
The Expanding Coverage MAC Collaborative began in January 2012.
- New Mexico
- New York
- West Virginia
Facilitators and Subject Matter Experts
- Deborah Bachrach, Special Counsel, Manatt Health Solutions
- Melinda Dutton, Partner, Manatt Health Solutions
Lead Subject Matter Experts
- Anne Marie Costello, Director Division of Eligibility, Enrollment & Outreach, Children and Adults Health Programs Group, Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Brenda Sheppard, Policy, Division of Eligibility, Enrollment & Outreach, Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services