It has been more than 30 years since the first cases of AIDS were reported in the U.S. HIV is still a reality for more than a million Americans. Nearly one of every five people living with HIV in the U.S. doesn’t know it.
Through Facing AIDS, you and your community can help reduce stigma and promote HIV testing by putting a face to AIDS for World AIDS Day (December 1) and beyond.
Get Involved: Watch. Download. Share.
How to take action
As an individual or a group, it’s easy to get involved in Facing AIDS.
Pick a time, place, and location for your event
Get your signs, pens and messages ready
Locate a digital camera, mobile camera phone, or use the iPhone app
See how you and your community
- I am putting a face on AIDS to show support for the persons living with HIV/AIDS.
- I am facing AIDS because no one should turn their backs to this.
- I am facing AIDS to remember my friends who are not with me.
- Facing AIDS Loveing other with AIDS
- We are Facing AIDS by making the National HIV/AIDS Strategy Real
- I am Facing AIDS by making the National HIV/AIDS Strategy Real
- I am Facing AIDS. Still I stand fighting for myself & loved ones
- Facing AIDS = Facing Love
- I am Facing AIDS by practicing safe sex!!! I am Facing AIDS because it has to end... now.
- Apache is Facing AIDS and stigma in one of America's poorest communities. This warrior will never surrender.
- We're Facing AIDS are you?
- I am Facing AIDS so that my family can join me in speaking against stigma.
- I am Facing AIDS for the children
- Facing AIDS
- I'm Facing AIDS to help my family.
- I'm Facing AIDS for a cure. I'm Facing AIDS for you.
- I'm Facing AIDS because I love my trans community.
Supporting the National HIV/AIDS Strategy
By Facing AIDS, you’re also supporting the National HIV/AIDS Strategy. According to the Strategy, “The stigma associated with HIV remains extremely high and fear of discrimination causes some Americans to avoid learning their HIV status, disclosing their status, or accessing medical care.”
Share the badge
Use the code below to place the Facing AIDS badge on your site:
<a href="http://facing.aids.gov/"><img width="215" height="215" alt="Join AIDS.gov in Facing AIDS" src="http://www.aids.gov/images/badge-facing-aids-noyear.jpg" /></a>
Share HIV testing information
Remember that you can locate local HIV testing sites by visiting the AIDS.gov HIV prevention and service provider locator.