SAMHSA Immediate Call For Reviewers
Grant Review Opportunities at the Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
OMB Approval No. 0930-0255
Expires: August 31, 2013
On a continuous basis, the three centers of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) are seeking professionals to evaluate applications for Federal grants.
SAMHSA reviewers must have related program experience and education, be able to analyze grant applications effectively against specific criteria, be able to express their evaluation clearly in writing, and be interested in contributing to the advancement of knowledge. Specifically, the agency is interested in reviewers with the following specific program experience and knowledge:
- Individuals with background in mental health services and knowledge of community-based systems of care and services for adults with serious mental illnesses and children with serious emotional disturbances.
- Individuals with background and knowledge of substance abuse prevention, who have expertise or experience in working with activities that discourage substance abuse and behaviors increasing the risk of substance abuse.
- Individuals with expertise in evidence-based effective substance abuse treatment services, programs and activities.
Grant reviewers gain many skills out of their experience such as:
- Understanding of the grant-making process
- Opportunity to network with colleagues
- Chance to exercise professional judgment and expertise
- Intellectual challenge
Reviewers are chosen for particular grant programs, based on their knowledge, education and experience.
Minimum Requirements for Grant Reviewers: Prospective reviewer must be willing and able to provide written and oral evaluative comments based on professional knowledge measured against published criteria – not personal opinion; able to listen attentively to the input of other panelists, engage in discussion, bridge differences, and work with other panelists to synthesize evaluative comments. Prospective reviewer must be able to exercise his/her highest level of personal standards to ethically review proprietary information, maintain confidentiality, and avoid any conflict of interest. Expertise in the subject area to be reviewed is a must.
Selected reviewers will be precluded from reviewing any application for which they may have a potential conflict of interest, including reviewing in priority areas to which they or their affiliated organizations have applied.
Time commitments vary based on grants being reviewed and type of review being conducted. Some grant reviews will require on-site meetings, generally in the Washington, DC area.
Reviewers selected will receive taxable compensation for their services.
Applicants who wish to serve as NEW SAMHSA grant reviewers are asked to submit the completed reviewer contact form and your resume electronically via e-mail to email@example.com. If you wish, you may print the reviewer contact form and mail both the completed reviewer contact form and your resume to the address shown below.
||SAMHSA REVIEWER OPPORTUNITIES
Office of Review
1 Choke Cherry Road
Rockville, Maryland 20857
APPLY TO BE A REVIEWER:
|Click here to visit our online application.|
|Click here to download the application in MS Word format.|
|Click here to download the application in Adobe PDF format.|
Last updated: 12/02/2010
- FY 2013 Grant Announcements
- FY 2012 Grant Awards
- SAMHSA No Longer Accepting Paper Applications
- Applying For a SAMHSA Grant
- Performance Measures / GPRA Tools
- Peer Review Process - PDF 76KB
- Single State Agencies Directory - PDF 144KB
- Grants Management
- Grantee Resources
- Grant Awards by State
- Block Grants Information
- Grant Archives
- Grant Reviewer Opportunities