Lee's "Perfect Battle," Loss of his "right arm"
Following Lee's failed invasion of the North in 1862, and McClellan's inability to destroy the Army of Northern Virginia near Antietam Creek in September of that year, President Lincoln tried and failed to find a commander who could defeat Lee.
He chose first Ambrose Burnside, then Joe Hooker. During the next eight months they would in turn fight two major battles which they hoped would win the war and end the Southern rebellion. History records these battles as Fredericksburg (December 1862), and Chancellorsville (May 1863). They would later be known as Lee's greatest victories, the "high tide" of the Confederacy--and the final battle of Thomas "Stone Wall" Jackson. Now comes your opportunity to repeat these victories for the South, or take command of the Federal army and crush the rebellion once and for all. Be bold and never look back!
HPS's Campaign Chancellorsville faithfully recreates first the battle of Fredericksburg and then climaxes with Lee's bold move at Chancellorsville. Many other smaller battles are also included that will help lead the way. Take charge and defend your country, whether it be North or South.
· Over 100 stand alone scenarios and 89 campaign scenarios
· 4 different campaigns for a varied campaign experience, each also has a
"weather variant" to choose from.
· Historical scenarios include: Kelly's Ford, Marye's Heights,
Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Salem Church, and more...
· Dozens of "What if" scenarios: Including meeting engagements,
cavalry fights, and equal force battles.
· Many scenarios specifically designed for a tough challenge against the
· Many meeting engagements using the new random hex feature. The extreme
effects of FOW will be more fully demonstrated.
· Detailed maps accurately showing the heavily forested terrain, rivers,
towns, and important individual homes.
· Inclusive orders of battle offer unlimited possibilities for user-created
New features in Campaign Chancellorsville
- Added new Proportional Opportunity Fire Optional Rule that causes
Opportunity Fire generated by firing units to be more proportional to
the total strength of the units firing.
- Added new Parameter Data value that controls when artillery crews are
- Added new Alternate Fixed Unit release Optional Rule that releases Fixed
units within 5 hexes of an enemy unit regardless of Line-of-Sight to that
- Improvements to AI bridge crossing, and firing
Scenario and Campaign editors are included to allow the player to
create their own situations to play out. Play modes include A/I, Hot Seat,
PBEM, LAN & Internet play.
* Pentium-based 1GHz PC
* 256 MB RAM
* 300 MBs disk space
* Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista
* Microsoft DirectX 9.0+
"Windows" is a registered trademark of Microsoft