Radio Interviews with former Surgeon General Richard H. Carmona
August 15, 2005
- WBZ-AM, Boston - Benefits of breastfeeding; Breastfeeding in public; Number of mothers breastfeeding.
- WOR-AM, New York - Breastfeeding awareness month;, Reasons to breastfeed; Mother's health while breastfeeding; Websites for more information.
- WRKO-AM, Boston - Importance of breastfeeding; What pregnant mothers should expect; All aspects of a baby's growth and development; Why it's necessary to reinforce the importance of breastfeeding; Accommodating breastfeeding mothers; Health of newborns in general.
- USA Radio Network (National) - Year of the healthy child; Health literacy; Where to go to get information.
- CNN (National) - Tips mothers should keep in mind during their pregnancy; Reasons to highlight breastfeeding; Breastfeeding mothers who work; Where to go for more information; Most important things that women should know about breastfeeding.
- WNOX-AM & WIVK-FM, Knoxville - Benefits of breastfeeding; Physical benefits that a mother might get; How many women actually breastfeed; How long should a mother breastfeed; Things breastfeeding mothers need to do; Things medical professionals need to do to increase awareness; Women who cannot breastfeed; Government resources.
- WKXW-FM, Philadelphia - Why breastfeeding is important; Breastfeeding mothers that work; What else people should know; Year of the healthy child; How to place a baby down to nap or to sleep.
- KNX-AM, Los Angeles - Breastfeeding campaign, Benefits of breastfeeding; If a mother can't breastfeed or chooses not to; How mothers can keep their babies healthy and safe.
- Metro Source (National) - National breastfeeding awareness month; Some things to do in order to increase awareness.
- WRKO-AM - What women need to know if they are planning to have a child; Ways we can encourage mothers; National Breastfeeding Month; Statistics; Breastfeeding mothers that work; Tips for keeping your child healthy.
- WFMD-AM & WFRE-FM - Year of the healthy child; National breastfeeding month; Women who cannot breastfeed; What mothers should do to make sure their children are healthy; Trans fats awareness.
- WNOX-AM & WIVK-FM - National breastfeeding awareness month; Importance of breastfeeding; Breastfeeding in public; Statistics; Pumps; Immunizations; Lung cancer.
You may need to download a free media player to open the files marked with this icon.
Content last updated August 15, 2005.
A federal government website managed by the Office on Women's Health in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. • Washington, DC 20201