* Welfare or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)

The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program helps families with children whose parents or responsible caregiver cannot provide for the family's basic needs. State, territorial, and tribal governments administer TANF.

To apply for the program, or for other help, contact your state, territory, or tribal TANF office directly for help. Please note: The exact name of local Temporary Assistance for Needy Families programs may vary.

Reporting Fraud
If you would like to report possible fraud, contact your local TANF office. You may also report such issues to the Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS) Inspector General's Hotline at 1.800.HHS.TIPS (447.8477).

Need More Information? Try These Additional Resources:

The short link for this FAQ is http://1.usa.gov/qt7exA


Was this useful? Click on a star to rate this answer.
(more stars = better)
star0 star1 star2 star3 star4

How can we improve this answer?

Please limit your message to 500 characters.

You have characters left.