Social Media @ SAMHSA
SAMHSA's Social Health Hub
Social media provides entirely new ways to engage the public around health. However, the sharing of health information and data across a wide range of platforms also opens new challenges for public health communicators. In an effort to assist the public health community in developing and adopting best practices in the use of social media, SAMHSA has established the Social Health Hub.
This effort is grounded in the belief that peer learning and peer sharing is fundamental to the long-term success of using online communications for public engagement. If you have information useful for the community or would like to contribute a case study of how your organization has used social media, please contact us.
- Public Health Social Media Directory: A directory of local, state and federal government public health-related social media accounts.
- Digital Engagement Tookit - A short, curated list of resources and information to help public health professionals using social media.
- SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Hashtag Directory - A directory of the principal Twitter hashtags used by SAMHSA official Twitter account.
- Public Awareness and Support posts on the SAMHSA Blog - Blog posts related to SAMHSA Public Awareness and Support Strategic Initiative. This initiative covers SAMHSA social media and digital engagement activities.
- SAMHSA’s social media metrics - High-level statistics from SAMHSA’s official social media accounts
- Case studies - Case studies from local, state, federal agencies public health agencies using social media
Last updated: 06/23/2011
- FacebookExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- FlickrExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- RSS FeedsExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- SAMHSA BlogExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- TwitterExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- YoutubeExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
Behavioral Health and Social Media