Social Media @ SAMHSA
Digital Engagement Tookit
SAMHSA’s Digital Toolkit is a short, curated list of resources and information to help public health professionals using social media.
Social Media Policies
- University at Albany - Center for Technology in Government: Designing social media policy for government: Eight essential elements - This report outlines the reasons government employees engage in social media and identifies the core elements of a government social media policy.
- HHS Center for New Media Standards and Policies - Common standards and policies that impact the use of new media.
Guidance and Best Practices
- AIDS.gov New Media Tools - A comprehensive list of new media tools, what they are and examples of how they are used in HIV/AIDS prevention
- CDC’s Social Media Tools, Guidelines & Best Practices - A collection of guidelines on key social media planning, development and implementation of activities.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Social Media Guidance & Best Practices - Social media toolkits for several social media platforms as well as info on security and legal issues surrounding social media.
- CDC eHealth Data Briefs - CDC’s data briefs highlights and current demographic breakdowns for key digital engagement channels.
- Health.Data.Gov - A core element to digital engagement is the ability to remix and share data. Health.Data.Gov is the central resource for health-related datasets and tools from across the federal government.
- Health Indicators Warehouse (HIW) - HIW is a user-friendly, source for national, state, and community health indicators
- Pew Internet and American Life Project HCSM - Pew has data, reports and presentations on several relevant topics including Health and Social Networking.
Healthcare Social Media Community
- HCSM - HCSM (Healthcare Communications Social Media) is a weekly chat (Sun @ 8pm CT) on Twitter focusing on healthcare communications & social media that uses the #hcsm hashtag.
Innovation in Healthcare and Health Communications
- AHRQ Innovations Exchange - The Innovations Exchange includes information on how communication technology can help solve problems, improve health care quality, and reduce disparities.
- Challenge.gov Health Challenges - Health-related challenges on Challenge.gov, the federal platform for contests and challenges.
- ONC's i2 Initiative for Health IT – This new initiative aims to spur health IT innovations through prizes, challenges, and other mechanisms to improve the health care of all Americans.
Last updated: 06/17/2011
- FacebookExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- FlickrExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- RSS FeedsExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- SAMHSA BlogExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- TwitterExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
- YoutubeExternal link. Please review our Disclaimer
Behavioral Health and Social Media