Printer Friendly

N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship

Purpose of Form :
This form is an application for a Certificate of Citizenship.
Number of Pages :
Form 9; Instructions 9
Edition Date :
12/16/12. We will accept the 10/30/11 version until April 5, 2013. After April 5, 2013, we will only accept the 12/16/12 version.
Where to File :

Mail your Form N-600 to the USCIS Phoenix Lockbox facility:

U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

P.O. Box 20100
Phoenix, AZ 85036

USPS Express Mail/Courier:

Attn: Form N-600
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034

Filing Fee :
$600. See exceptions under "Special Instructions."
Special Instructions :

The fee for most applicants is $600. There are two exceptions: 

  • The fee is $550 if filing for an adopted child.
  • There is no fee if filing for a member or veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces - proof of service required. However, the fee for a child of a veteran or member of the U.S. Armed Forces is the normal $600 fee ($550 if child is adopted).

Please read our filing tips.

We will send you a text message and/or e-mail when your Form N-600 has been accepted if you clip a completed Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, to the front of your application.

To ensure your application is accepted, please ensure that you:

  • Check only 1 box in Part 1, Information About Your Eligibility. If you check more than one box, we will return your application for correction.
  • Pay the correct fee.
  • Sign your application in Part 7. A parent completing Form N-600 on behalf of a child younger than 14 years of age can sign in Part 7. If someone prepared the form for you (such as an attorney), they must sign in Part 8.
  • Submit required photos: See the Form N-600 instructions for information.

Attorney or representative: You may be represented, at no expense to the U.S. Government, by an attorney or other authorized representative.  Your representative must submit Form G-28, Notice of Entry or Appearance as Attorney or Representative, with your Form N-600.  Your representative may also submit Form G-28 at the time of your interview.

This page can be found at

Last updated: 02/12/2013