Office for Facilities Management and Policy (OFMP)
Deputy Assistant Secretary: Howard D. Kelsey
Deliver HHS Facilities and Management Programs at peak effectiveness, through leadership, oversight, policy guidance, and training.
OFMP leads the Department to provide best value to the taxpayer in its functional areas.
Values and Guiding Principles
- Integrity Foremost
- Execute Sustainability and Maintainability
- Facility Life Cycle Management
- Empowerment and Accountability
- Excellence in All Our Endeavors
- Establish policies; guidelines; operating procedures; and lines of financial authority, delegation, and accountability; and provide Departmental oversight and integration for Operating Division OFMP-related activities to assure that HHS functions as “one Department” in the facilities area.
- Improve safety, security, maintainability, life cycle cost, health, and environmental impact by facilitating sustainable design and other best practices.
- Reduce the cost of leasing, real property management, acquisitions and ownership.
- Improve the physical environment and reduce operating cost of the HHH Building and the Central Employment Area.
- Lead facilities innovation and promote continuous improvement.