As America's research hospital, we will lead the global effort in training today's investigators and discovering tomorrow's cures.
To provide a versatile clinical research environment enabling the NIH mission to improve human health by:
- investigating the pathogenesis of disease;
- conducting first-in-human clinical trials with an emphasis on rare diseases and diseases of high public health impact;
- developing state-of-the-art diagnostic, preventive, and therapeutic interventions;
- training the current and next generations of clinical researchers; and,
- ensuring that clinical research is ethical, efficient, and of high scientific quality.