Clinical Trials Awareness on a Global Level Webcourse
The content and interactive activities in this online course will prepare direct care and other nurses to learn more about clincial trials so that they can provide effective care for people who are participating in clinical trials or who would be eligible for clinical trials. Nurses will learn how to support the success of clinical trials and improve outcomes for people with cancer.
- There is a charge for this 4.5 contact hour CEU course.
- Objectives include:
- Outline ways the rights and safety of patients are ensured in clinical trials.
- Describe the role and responsibilities of the direct care nurse during the informed consent process.
- Identify resources the direct care nurse can use when caring for patients on or eligible for clinical trials.
- List key information that the direct care nurse needs to communicate to the research team.
- Identify key information that the direct care nurse needs to document in the medical record.
- Outline the essential content to include in patient and family education related to clinical trials.