Top 10 Contractors FY 2009
1. LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION
2. THE BOEING COMPANY
3. GENERAL DYNAMICS CORPORATION
4. RAYTHEON COMPANY
5. NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORPORATION
6. UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION
7. L-3 COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC.
8. BAE SYSTEMS PLC
9. SAIC INC.
10. OSHKOSH CORPORATION
View All Contractors
Top 10 Assistance Recipients FY 2009
1. NY ST DEPT OF HEALTH
2. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CARE SERVICES
3. TEXAS HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES COMMISSION
4. PA ST DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WELFARE
5. OH ST DEPARTMENT OF JOB & FAMILY SERVICES
6. FL ST FOR HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATION
7. NC ST DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
8. IL ST DEPARTMENT OF HEALTHCARE AND FAMILY SER
9. MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY HEALTH
10. EDUCATION CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF
View All Recipients
Federal Spending FY 2009
Choose Spending Types to view:
Mutually binding agreements between the federal government and another party (the seller) that obligate the seller to furnish supplies and services for the direct benefit of the sovernment and obligate the government to pay for them. These do not include grants, co-operative agreements, or contracts under grants.
Funds awarded to a non-federal entity for a defined public or private purpose in which services are not rendered to the federal government. Grants includes Cooperative Agreements.
Funds paid to individuals who have been assessed as needing services, in lieu or social service provisions, generally for the large entitlement programs such as Social Security, Unemployment Insurance, Housing Choice Vouchers, and Federal Pell Grants.
Federally funded insurance programs.
Loans / Guarantees
Loans are awards where a Federal agency provides funds to a non-Federal recipient that require repayment.
Guarantees are awards where a Federal agency guarantees, insures, or otherwise makes a pledge with respect to payments on a debt of obligation of a non-Federal borrower to a non-Federal lender.
For both types of awards, USAspending tracks both the face value of the loan (the amount of initial funding lent to the borrower), and the subsidy code, or expected net present value cost to the Government of the award. Hoever, for the maps and summarized portions of USAspending.gov only the "Original Subsidy Costs" are used in the calculations.
Represents all other reimbursable, contingent, intangible, indirect financial assistance.
* Assistance data includes the aggregated spending of different assistance types, like Grants, Direct Payments, Insurance, Loans and Other Assistance.