Office of Planning and Communication (OPC)
OPC Organizational Chart (within IMOD)
Director, Office of Planning and Communication: Della Hann, Ph.D.
Contact: Samantha Sanchez * – Executive Assistant
Director, Division of Communication & Outreach: Megan Columbus
Director, Division of Planning & Evaluation: Luci Roberts, Ph.D.
NIH Inclusion Policy Officer: Meredith Temple-O’Connor, Ph.D.
OER FOIA Coordinator and Senior Adviser to the Deputy Director: Margaret Snyder, Ph.D.
Provides coordination and oversight for OER planning, communications, inclusion policies, and FOIA as detailed in the descriptions of the divisions below.
Division of Planning & Evaluation (DPE)
Coordinates OER program evaluation, reporting, and strategic planning activities that span more than one OER office where centralized coordination will assist in developing policy or guidance. These activities include:
- Program evaluation and portfolio analysis on grants policy and grants administration topics that cross OER units or which are assigned directly to DPE. Examples include evaluating the peer review enhancement initiative and centralized oversight of ARRA recipient reporting, portfolio analysis for LGBT research and studies of sex differences.
- Serving as the point of contact to the NIH Planning and Evaluation community.
- Providing consultation to the OER Offices and review prior to submission to DPCPSI on program evaluation requests.
- Coordinating responses to inquiries from the Department of Health and Human Services, the Office of Management and Budget, and Congress that span OER’s programmatic interests
- Coordinating OER’s reporting on NIH performance in grants administration, including NIH’s Biennial Report on Inclusion, and Government Performance Results Act (GPRA)
- Coordinating of OER’s contributions to the Director’s Congressional appropriations briefing book (BRAIN)
- Serving as an information resource on grants policy and administration for data management, reporting and IT development
Director: Luci Roberts, Ph.D.
Staff: Rashada Alexander, Ph.D., Health Science Policy Analyst
Division of Communication & Outreach (DCO)
Supports the NIH and OER missions by providing NIH staff and the extramural research community with a central source of accurate and timely information on grants policies, processes, and systems through the following vehicles:
Director: Megan Columbus
Grants Information Branch
Provides a communications resource service for NIH grant-related inquiries. Information specialists help prospective NIH grantees navigate NIH and identify the appropriate resources, funding opportunities, or offices.
Web Development and Technology Branch
Provides technical management and web development of numerous OER public and staff Web sites and system utilities that support the NIH grants process.
eRA Communications and Documentation Team
OER Communications Office
Return to OER Welcome Page