Penrose-St. Francis Health Services Health Learning Center
Colorado Springs, Colorado
The project's target population includes women of all ages in El
This project will use community-based approaches to increase
heart-healthy behavior among women in the targeted community. Specific
- Conducting media and education campaigns to raise community
- Conducting community-based cardiovascular health screening, and
referral services for high blood pressure control using health fairs.
- Conducting health promotion courses to increase heart healthy
behaviors and reduce risk factors.
- Collaborating with health care providers to increase resources
and opportunities for effective patient education.
- Providing case management for senior women with hypertension
to increase medication compliance and adoption and maintenance of lifestyle
The proposed strategies will focus on two NHLBI performance goals:
- Detect and treat risk factors.
- Prevent recurrence and complications of CVD.
This project aims to achieve the following:
- Increase awareness of stroke risk factors.
- Increase high blood pressure control.
- Increase control of blood pressure to reduce stroke events.