Staff Working Papers
Staff working papers were prepared by the staff of and consultants to the National Commission on the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and Offshore Drilling for the use of members of the Commission. They do not necessarily reflect the views of the Commission or any of its members. In addition, they may be based in part on confidential interviews with government and non-government personnel.
You can read these staff working papers here.
- Meeting 1 – Voices of the Gulf July, 12-12, 2010
- Meeting 2 - History and Regulation of Offshore Drilling, August 25, 2010
- Meeting 3 – Response and Restoration, September 27-28, 2010
- Meeting 4 – Deliberation, October 13, 2010
- Meeting 5 – Chief Counsel’s Presentation on Causes of Disaster, November 8-9, 2010
- Meeting 6 – Deliberation and Recommendations, December 2-3, 2010
- Report Release Press Conference, January 11. 2011
- Gulf Stakeholders Forum, January 12, 2011