You are here: NPIC Home Page —> Emergency Resources
Pesticide Emergency Resources
Call 911 for pesticide emergencies or the appropriate contacts below.
- If you need medical attention right now, call the Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
- You can also visit the EPA page on Pesticide Emergency Information for general first aid instructions.
- For information on poisoning symptoms and treatment information for specific pesticides, view the EPA publication Recognition and Management of Pesticide Poisonings.
- To report pesticide poisoning call NPIC or visit our reporting pesticide problems page.
If your animal is having life-threatening symptoms like seizures, unconsciousness, or having difficulty breathing, consider taking your animal immediately to a local veterinarian or emergency animal hospital.
These organizations also offer emergency advice:
- ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at 1-888-426-4435 ($65.00 credit card fee)
- Pet Poison Helpline at 1-800-213-6680 ($39.00 credit card fee)
Need information about a specific chemical? Visit our page on Pesticide Poisoning in Pets.
To report pesticide poisoning call NPIC or visit our reporting problems page.
Spill and Cleanup Resources
For small pesticide spills, contact the product manufacturer for cleanup advice.
If you have experienced a natural disaster and are in need of cleanup information, visit our webpage on Pesticide Risks and Resources for Natural Disasters.
To report a pesticide spill, call NPIC or visit our reporting problems page.